The future big sister in the crown that she made at the gym daycare...and has proceeded to wear all day every day for the last 7 days.
We've been approved!!!!!! We're stamped and approved to adopt through
LDS Family Services! What a relief! We're so excited and--while fully realizing that this could be a long wait--we're hopeful that it will be sooner rather than later. As our caseworker says, this is the beginning of our "paper pregnancy". One of the big catches is that we have no idea how long the gestation will be. (Yes, it is kind of a goofy way of saying it but it makes sense too.)
LDSFS will immediately begin including us in their profiles for birth mothers to view and our online profile will be activated in the next few days.
YAY!!! :)

The letter that Milo wrote to Dr. Guenther, his pediatrician. Sorry, the picture is so small. It's worth clicking on it to read his captions and see the picture.
Milo's surgeon left us a message today and said that he wants to proceed with some additional tests. I'm assuming he wants a pH and impedance study. (Again, this will be our third one.) They'll give Milo a mild sedative and put a tube down his nose into his esophagus. The tube has some special sensors on it and is attached to a data collection box. It's a 24 hour ordeal and, in the past, has been a little stressful for all of us. We had one done in October that came out after only 6 hours. :( We're really hoping that this one will be successful and that they'll get all of the info that they need.
Milo also gave his pediatrician a letter/thank you card this week. He drew such a cute picture of himself in his hospital bed and then had me write out the things he wanted to say. He wrote Dr. Guenther's name on the envelope (with me telling him the letters) all by himself and carried it around all day until it was time to go see him. Dr. Guenther was so cute and enthusiastic about opening it and reading it out loud. It was too cute!
Isabel a.k.a. Little Miss Muffett (Note that she's wearing a whole slew of skirts. She's taken to wearing multiple skirts so as to maximize the puffy factor.)
Isabel is a HUGE fan of cottage cheese. Except, she calls it "cottacheese". The girl cannot get enough of the stuff. She loves it plain, with cinnamon, with fruit, or any other way you can dish it out. Today she was eating some at the table with Milo (who was totally fake-eating his--he can't stand the stuff but always wants to "just try some" with Isabel). She jumped up from the table and said, "Milo, I have a much more better idea!" then marched over to their step stool and plopped down on it. She giggled and then announced, "Look, I'm little Miss Muffett just sitting on her tuffett eating her curds and whey!". They cracked up about it for the next 10 minutes.
13 comments:
Yay!!! We're so happy for you guys (about the first part). Your kids are so cute. I couldn't see what the letter read but still that was very nice of Milo to think about it.
Yay! This is such good news. I can't wait to find out who the new addition is to the family. And I think Isabel and I would get along great, because I eat cottacheese every day too.
Yahoo!! Great news!! We are so happy for you guys! Milo and Issy will be great big brother and sister! So exciting! Milos pic is so cute, what a good drawer!
Hooray!!! I can't wait to have another great niece/nephew!
We really need to get Brooke and Issy together...consider the possibilities.
PLEASE tell Issy how much I love, love, love her crown. I'd wear it all day/everyday too.
Also, we are so happy about the adoption okay! I'm telling everyone I know and passing on your website.
Should I buy another baby dress/bow tie for the wedding?
Sweet! I hope you have the best paper pregnancy ever. :)
Kudos to Issy--I didn't figure out the curds-and-whey/cottage cheese connection for a looooong time.
Kristin
I am so happy for you guys. That is so awesome about the adoption. Now the waiting...my sister-in-law got a call and two weeks later had a beautiful baby in her arms. My other sister-in-law got a call and went through the pregnancy with the birth mother from about 3 months on. GOOD LUCK!!
I love the crown and the fact that they cracked up about the little miss muffet. So cute!
I don't think that excited is a word that does justice to what you are feeling! BUT I am still very excited for you!
Kylie loves cottage cheese too.By the way i had a dream the other night a girl in my ward got prego and you adopted her baby. Congrats on the paper pregnancy!!
WAHOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! We are SO excited for you!!!! (And happy that Spencer's secret(s) were not revealed!) :) I seriously cannot wait! I am praying for a 2-4 month paper gestation for you! :)You guys will continue to be in our prayers!
Can we all say again how dang cute your kids are. Your kids are dang cute. I mean seriously, Little Miss Muffet? And Milo's tear-jerking letter and picture? Seriously.
Add our excitement to the rest about the pregnancy beginning!
So clever about the little miss muffet! our little Shelby LOVES cottagacheese too. a favorite combo is with applesauce.
I couldn't read the letter but I LOVE that Milo thought to write a thank you note to the Dr. and how cute that the DR made a huge fuss about it!
I am so excited for you guys! I can't wait to see what member of the family you are going to have come and join you! Keep us all posted on things that happen. We will keep you in our prayers for a quick "paper pregnancy". And what cute and funny kids you have! They must really keep you entertained!
Post a Comment