Me with Isabel in May 2006. She always seems to find a way to get dirtier, wetter, and messier than anyone else--and to have way more fun doing it I think! Family Rule #127 We never, ever, ever wash our faces (or any other body part) in the gross throw-a-penny-in-it-make-a-wish-type fountain at the mall. Ever.
Today, someone in our family (ahem, Isabel) asked to throw a penny in the fountain. Sorry, Mommy doesn't have any pennies in her wallet. Someone asked to take off their shoes and put their feet in the water. Sorry, Mommy thinks that is yucky--even if there are other kids doing it on the other side of the fountain. Someone then asked to walk in the fountain. Again, sorry but Mommy thinks that putting your feet in or walking around in this slimy fountain is kind of gross. That someone then sat quietly by the edge. Calmly took off her glasses and folded them up. They delicately placed them on the bench by my purse. And waited. For me to get distracted. By a phone call from their Aunty. They continued to sit casually by the fountain. Then, she (oh did I give her identity away?) vigorously WASHED HER FACE IN THE FOUNTAIN!!! We are talking a full blown "I think I'm in the Noxzema commercial" type of washing. A big huge splash followed by some little splashes and then a lot of patting. Then, she turned to me and said "Could you get me a towel please?".
You can see why we are already to rule #127.
11 comments:
Your kids, I swear, are too funny! At least she took her glasses off. Can't wait to see what #128 is.
Signed,
Anxiously waiting with bated breath
Oh my crack up about the Noxema commercial. How funny that she was soooo sneeky. Her face? Her face!!!??? Nice. Why couldn't it have been her elbows?
OMGOODNESS! I laughed so hard about the "We are talking a full blown "I think I'm in the Noxzema commercial" type of washing." SOOOOOO FUNNY!
Jane's gotten rule #128: Never lick SOME OTHER FAMILY'S ketchup off of the table at McDonald's PlayPlace.
Can you think of anything grosser?
Seriously, You guys are in for some FUN years ahead of you!! She is already this smart...what is she going to be like in a few years? I actually kind of gagged thinking about the slimy (totally agree with you on the description)water on sweet Issy's face. :) Too funny!!
I see nothing wrong with that!
(High fives to Issy)
At least she took her glasses off right? What a funny girl. You need to write a post about the other 126rules you have.
You do realize Erin that this is all paybacks. Giving boys girls names so we could go to their houses and secretly talk about them around your parents. You had your share of sneaky times so I say GO IZZY! She is such a character.
Ha, I love it, aren't kids kinda gross sometimes?? That is way funny!! Ava once licked the window of the Trax train on our way home from a Jazz game, I alomst died!!
That is sooo funny!! You crack me up the way you tell stories! Yes, I competly agree with you about the sliminess and filthiness of the fountains, but yet I still had to laugh just thinking of your reaction!
You know everytime I hear one of your stories I feel like it is just a small glimpse into my future... LOL!
I just hope she didn't drink any of that water!
Give both of those kids a big hug and kiss from us... We miss you!
Post a Comment