If you don't already know this about me, I should make it clear right now: I really really really dislike hamsters. Always have. Pretty sure I always will. They stink, they eat their own babies (true story, ask Melissa and Abbie), they are creepy looking when they're born, they have WAY too much potential for escaping, they resemble mice way too closely, and we once spent a few months living in a dungeon of an apartment that smelled exactly like a hamster cage.
Ironic that this week I would tell my kids to get ready for naptime and hear "Oh man! Guess we'll have to play hamster cage tomorrow instead Issy." Yup, they were using the pack 'n play that Milo sleeps in during naps as a human hamster cage. Again, just so we're clear, my kids have never even seen, touched or otherwise experienced a hamster in their lives. Yet another "I have no idea where they got that!" moment.

2 comments:
I really should post a video I have of our hamster funeral. It's the funniest/saddest thing ever.
Erin, I don't know if I ever told you the tramatizing story of when I was a little girl and we had a hamster(shut up), and she had babies, and did in fact eat one of them, RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME! I will never be the same again.
Issy and Milo- you guys are the cutest ever!
Post a Comment