This week, 2 of our grandpas had some pretty big events come their way. We just wanted to recognize them and tell them how much we love them!
This grandpa has been so busy managing a new project for IBM. He works so hard but always makes time to see us when we come over or talk to us when we call. This week, Grandpa Manuel won a national service award from IBM. He and Grandma Kim get a trip to New York and face-to-face congrats from some IBM bigwigs as part of the award. We are so proud of you Grandpa!
This grandpa, Great Grandpa Manuel, lost his only living brother yesterday. :( Uncle Eloy had a heart attack while driving his wife home from work. We are sad to lose him so suddenly and very sad for Grandpa. He has lost several family members in the last few years. He is such a family man and cares so deeply for every person in his family. We wish we were closer to him so we could hug him and help somehow. We love you Grandpa! (and Grandma!)
This grandpa hasn't had an eventful week--that we know of. :) We just miss him. Milo and Isabel had so much fun staying with him when Lyla and Olivia were born. He gave them "chores" every day and rewarded them with quarters. Thanks to Grandpa Terry's coaching, Milo now lectures me on the hydration status of our plants every chance he gets! We love you too Grandpa Terry!


7 comments:
I love the picture with the 5 grandchildren - so cute of all of them! Your kids are lucky to have 3 grandpas that love 'em so much!
Have they gotten to experience Grandpa Terry with fireworks. I have fewer memories more fond than that!
Erin - why did you leave out the fact that your dad's OP shorts were bright pink and his hair was permed? Too painful?
I lost all track of what my comment was going to be when I read the comment your mom wrote...lol... permed hair! So hot!
Guess I should have been more clear. :) We actually have 4 grandpas...I just don't have any pictures of Grandpa Hal. :)
I love those pictures. The nut crackin' grandpa is the cutest. Congratulations to your dad and so sorry to hear about your uncle. I love that cute grandpa with all the kids!
I am so sorry to hear about your Uncle!
Congratulations to Manuel!! That is so awesome! That vacation is very much deserved by both your Dad and your Mom!!!
And, thanks Kim for letting us know about Manuels pink shorts and permed hair...I am picturing it right now!!! :)
Post a Comment