Thursday, October 8, 2009

Home Alone...and Family Rule #432

This is the first time that I've been home along with one baby. You know since the first two came as a package deal. (I should pause here to say that "being home" doesn't happen much lately. The NICU has been nearly exploding with babies for weeks now...)

When Keeler and I have been home alone, we've had time to...
Remember to take pictures of our favorite tree in fall before all of the leaves drop.
Pick the big kids up from school on the locomotive (also known as the bike+tag-a-long+bike trailer). No pics of that. Sorry. Trust me, it's a site to behold.

Take funny "first snow pictures" in cute fuzzy jackets.

Marvel at the amount of drool one child can produce--and enjoy just hanging out on the living room floor together.

It's been a while since we've had to institute a new family rule. Well, never fear folks....drumroll...Family Rule #432: You may not EVER put your baby brother under a laundry basket. (No matter how afraid you are that he will play with your light sabers while you are out of the room!)

Keeler was playing with the twins in their room one morning. As I walked past their room, I noticed that it was empty. Well, I thought it was. Until I saw the upside down laudry basket scootch forward a little. And then a little more. You guessed it! Keeler was underneath doing his best to crawl forward. Bless his kooky little heart, he wasn't even mad! (yet)

Me: "Um, guys, why is Keeler under a laundry basket?"

Them: SILENCE

ME: "Okay, Milo? You may not EVER put your brother under a laundry basket. That's not very kind buddy!"

Milo: "Uhhhh...umm...(here's the part where everyone thinks that he is going to say "ISSY DID IT!") I...uh....well, I didn't want him to get my light sabers and I had to go to the BATHROOM!"

Me: "Well, that's fine. You can just ask me to come and get him next them then okay?"

Milo: "Okay"

Pause.

Milo: "Well, I think he kind of liked it anyways. He's not even crying!"




6 comments:

Miguel said...

That is something only a big brother can do. Love it.

-Miguel

jessica said...

Today I found Camden in a sea of sheets and blankets. The girls had to pull them off of their beds to be washed and Maya put him right in the middle of the pile. He was sweating as he was trying to get untangled. He wasn't crying....yet.

I love your tree pictures...I thought of doing that exact same thing this morning. The trees around here are just gorgeous!

Stacy said...

This coming from someone (you) that stuck her sister (me) in a doll crib that was clearly too small for any child to fit in. We have pictures to prove it lol. Ahh come on I think it's funny especially since he wasn't crying and instead you had a moving laundry basket. Too funny! Oh and I love the first pic of Keeler and his big smile.

Tiffany said...

That is so funny! My kids do it to each other, voluntarily though. They pretend they are in cages. I can't believe how big Keeler is getting! He is so darn handsome!! He's definitely a keeper!(Like you have a choice....LOL)

SummerV said...

I am suprised the kid didn't lift the basket above his head with his hulk-like strength. Cute visual, he is such a sweet baby. I mean we are talking light sabers here, totally validated. I love your fall pictures, well done.

Cara said...

Keeler is so darn cute!! Do you think he would let me kiss his head? :)