Monday, October 26, 2009

Falling

We've been busy taking advantage of the fall weather...
This one has, apparently, been coaxing babysitting friends to take bizarre Sleeping Beauty/Snow White pictures of her that I will later find on my camera.
This one has been getting two new tooth. Look closely now. See 'em? That's right. They're fangs. No top middles yet. Just fangs.
This one is also crawling over everything and pulling himself up to a stand. He's C.R.A.Z.Y. and we love it.

These three had fun throwing leaves all around in our front yard.

These two went to Bartel's Farm to pick out pumpkins and gourds. Too bad that was the day of the Balloon Boy fiasco. Too bad we spent the afternoon worrying and saying little prayers for him and his family. We'll still say prayers for them. But it will be for a TOTALLY different reason.

Amazing view of the sky and clouds at the pumpkin patch.

That one (Isabel) loved getting tossed in the leaf pile by Daddy.

Those ones (there were 7 in total) had fun providing hours of leaf raking labor with the occasional toss in the leaf pile.

These two were so sad that soccer was over but so excited to get a trophy and a medal. That one on the right there said that she "didn't even know there would be a HUMAN on this trophy!". What??!!
.
That one on the right also said, after the annual program put on by the Primary age children at church, "I didn't really have that much fun because I had to poop THE WHOLE ENTIRE TIME!!". Explains the weird look she had on her face the whole time. But, thanks for sharing that info right?
.
The one on the left there was so, so, so sad that soccer was over. Tears people. Loves it. So cute.
.
The author (Erin) has been fantasizing about vacations and reading her way through the last few years worth of Newberry Award winners. She has also been loving the menu sharing on WholePlate, missing Utah friends and fam, and agreeing to run another marathon in the spring with Shikay. ACK!
.
The dad (Spencer) has been laughing hysterically at episodes of Glee (seriously, have you seen that show?!) and cursing the cold weather and precipitation. Not so much climbing for Spenc. He's also been crossing his fingers for another climbing trip to Vegas.


4 comments:

jessica said...

I love those fangs!!!! At least he has teeth! And those twinkers are too cute...we also prayed for balloon boy, we live in a sick, sick world don't we.

And Glee...oh how we love Glee. I know that we shouldn't. The high school immorality, the sleezy songs, the infidelity that you secretly want to happen. Seriously that show is soooooo wrong but it cracks us up too.

Tami Anderson said...

Erin, seriously, pick and choose the past few Newbery winners. I've been a bit disappointed. I'll share my favs sometime.

I love those three babies. The church program story was hysterical. I think I've felt that way before. I'll always remember the little kid who said "I can't wait to be eight. I'll get baptized and then I can be 'a-cannibal".

Please keep the stories coming. It makes life worth living. I miss you all.

SummerV said...

Funny, funny kids! Good for you running another marathon. I droppped the half I was doing and the 10k I hoped for isn't looking so promising either..how sad is that? I always look forward to your posts, you are hilarious!

Tiffany said...

goodness, what cute kids you've got! Isabel is so funny! Kami had fangs too, and it was perfect for Christmas, we took a picture for the scrapbook and I put "All I want for Christmas is my two front teeth" next to her picture. We sure do miss you guys!