Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Stuff, stuff, and more...funny!

First, a thank you for prayers, thoughts, emails, phone calls etc. for Milo. Just knowing that people are thinking about us and praying with us makes this that much less overwhelming. THANK YOU!!! We go down to The Children's Hospital tomorrow for our overnighter. (The G.I. nurses and I are getting be so tight that we now have personal conversations when they call us. Serious.) We probably won't know anything until next week sometime. Hurry up and wait right?



I took my NCC exam today and PASSED!!!!!!!! HOORAY!!! I am so glad to have that behind me. It's sort of hard to explain to someone who is outside of the nursing field, but it's an additional letter behind my name (R.N.C. now instead of R.N.) and it's a certification that says that I specializes in neonatal intensive care nursing (and that I studied for months for that dang exam). The best part was that the lady who checked me in at the testing center was wearing a rabbit foot keychain. IN HER HAIR. Serious. Made all that studying worthwhile. ;)

Mya is adorable, has excellent hair, and liked the park.







Kiana, Isabel (and her shifty eyes again), and Milo all also have pretty good hair and they love the park too.

My nieces are still cute. All of them. We went to Viestenz-Smith Park (up Big Thompson Canyon) with my family this weekend and had such a nice time. It was good to see my parents and my sister and my Colorado nieces are still adorable.




Lyla and Olivia-a.k.a. the girl twins. Can't wait to see them!

We're going to see our Utah nieces on Friday. Since our big family vacation for the year (Zion National Park for 5 days--sniffle) was cancelled after the whole emergency-room-Milo-can't-breath thing (can you even imagine if that had happened while camping?!!!), we're going to Utah for a long weekend. It's near enough to come home if something happens and also near enough to a major children's hospital that I won't be freaking out the entire time. :) Just most of the time. Ha ha. Sort of.


Audrie peeking over Abbie's shoulder.


In one month, Erika gets married AND we get to meet our Texas niece and see her brother (who is obviously a genius and has a French attitude to boot!). Oh yes, all of their parents (and grandparents) are cute too and we can't wait to see them!

Porter and Sage in the sweetest picture ever.



FUNNIEST.STORY.OF.THE.WEEK. Could also be known as Most Embarassing Story of the Week--but it didn't happen to us so instead it's funny. :) While at Whole Foods, children (namely my children and Sage's child) running wild, moms trying to shop, and upper-middle-class-adults-without-children also trying to shop, Sage was busy trying to give Porter what is known as a "talkin to". You know, the kind where you bust our your "business voice" (as my friend Miss Cindy calls it) and do your best not to laugh at their most recent hilarious/naughty antic...well, as she's doing this, Porter pipes up with "Mommy, where are my Crocs?". This is said with such sweetness, such innocence, such...a hilariously mischievious twinkle in his eye. Sure enough. GONE. Kicked off somewhere between produce and bulk food. Just as Sage strides off (exasperated and trying not to laugh) to look for the Crocs that are "lost", the most enthusiastic Whole Foods worker EVER comes over the P.A. (at a decible never before heard in the always-zen-store with, "ATTENTION WHOLE FOODS SHOPPERS! PLEASE! LOOK DOWN AT YOUR CHILD'S FEET! IF YOU ARE THINKING, 'WHERE ARE MY CHILD'S CROCS? WHEN I CAME INTO WHOLE FOODS, MY CHILD HAD CROCS ON THEIR FEET' THEN PLEASE, VISIT US AT THE CUSTOMER SERVICE BOOTH!!!!!!" Priceless. Hilarious. I couldn't help myself. I cracked up. We're talking belly laugh. Pretty much until we left the store. Sorry Sage. I was no help. No help at all.

7 comments:

SummerV said...

Funny story. So you won't be in town all week? Sophie and I fly in to Colorado tomorrow and leave Saturday. We would love to see you if you are there but have fun in Utah if not.

Lorena said...

Sure, plan all of your Utah trips around when we WON'T be there...makes us feel so special...

Love the Whole Foods story...better than Wal-Mart paging the "lost parent" in the store. (yeah, it was me.)

The Miz said...

We hope that Milo does okay during his stint at the hospital.
Great job on your "C". Is it like earning your letterman's jacket in high school only for nurses?
I love your stories, you tell them so well. You should write a book about them. That would be great!

Lindsay said...

Congratulations on passing your exam! I'll bet that makes vacation all the more sweet.

jessica said...

Congratulations!!!! The idea of having to study for anything right now makes me want to throw up. I hope everything goes smooth for Milo. I'll be prayin for you guys...I know moms of sick kids need prayers too.

Have a great vacation!

Abbie said...

Erin Mestas R.N.C.! Congratulations!!! That is so great. We all knew you would pass.

We've been thinking/praying for Mr. Milo. Love that little guy.

I can't wait until August. Too too too exciting!!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the test (you're such an awesome nerd!)and what a great Whole Foods story!! Dan laughed until he snorted!