Thursday, July 24, 2008

Schmupdates


I've been a little (okay a lot) remiss in updating regarding our two big goings on...Milo and the adoption.


First, Milo. After much discussion, there was much more discussion. (When a kid has this many physicians, there is much to be discussed.) Our plan for now is to NOT do the surgery. We're going to try to medically manage his reflux and hope that, by doing so, we can minimize the insult to his airway and buy him some time to outgrow some of the narrowing of his airway. We also have to make sure he's eating smaller more frequent meals and limit the liquids that he drinks at any one time...all in an effort to keep his stomach from getting too full and to minimize the potential for reflux. We also get to do fun things like carry around epi-pens and two different kinds of steroids--just in case he has an airway event. Sadly, we are also not allowed to go camping anywhere that is less than 10ish minutes from a hospital with a 24 hour emergency room. Needless to say, that sort of limits our options. We're all relieved that we're not doing the surgery now, but these new rules and restrictions will take a little getting used to. :)


Second, the adoption. I think I freaked quite a few people out with my crushin' on Craig and his list and buying baby supplies. There is no imminent baby. I'm just a serious sucker for a good bargain.


We are still just waiting. We had two birthmoms express interest in us but the first decided she wanted a family without any children of their own and the second, ultimately, ended up picking another family she'd been talking with as well. Those experiences were disappointing, of course, but at the same time, we really believe that this will happen when it's meant to happen. We believe that adopted children end up in the families that they are meant to be in. So, those babies were not meant for us, they had other families waiting for them that were--I'm sure--just as excited and just as anxious.


So, for now, we just wait. And pray. :) ..that somebody knows somebody who is choosing adoption and that they pass our name along. Or, that a birthmom sees our profile or our website and chooses us. :)
That's all folks!

3 comments:

jessica said...

Yay! No surgery for Milo!!!!

Even though I already knew your adotption update it still got me all choked up. I am so on this ride with you. I'll be putting your names in the temple along with ours.

You know our babies are totally hanging out right now, just waiting for their turns...

Kristin said...

I love B&W photos, especially of kids, and even more especially of your kids. They are beautiful.
I hope your plan for Mi-Guy works out well, even if you end up camping out in the backyard. :)

Melissa said...

I think I will make you a t-shirt that says "Juno where are you?"!.

Give that Milo big big hugs and kisses from us until you get here and then we can.