Tuesday, April 29, 2008

A week in review

Last week was insanely busy. I mean, we are talking, INSANE. Glad it's over and that we're starting a--relatively--calmer one. :) Some of the highlights of the week were...

My niece (Mya Elise) is still completely adorable. Actually, we have four adorable nieces (soon to be five!). This one is just particularly squishy and cuddly right now. She came with excellent hair that just keeps getting better. If you know my Grandpa (or just know of his hair), than you will appreciate it when I say that her hairdo is EXACTLY like his!! (Minus the Grecian Formula, of course.)
On Sunday, we were in desperate need of some quiet family time. So, after church we headed up the canyon to the river. The kids had a blast throwing rocks, "fishing" with their toy fishing poles, and leading Spencer and me on hikes through all of the little paths that run along the river.
At one point, Isabel was struggling with casting. When Milo tried to interject with a very step-by-step (and accurate!) instruction as to how to properly cast, she wasn't having any of it. She snapped back at him, "Milo! Please stop telling me that! Besides, my fishing pole is "awnrymatic" and I don't have to do any of that anyways!". Betcha wish you had an "awnrymatic" fishing pole too.
In true Isabel form, she gave us another gem a few minutes later. When I asked her what she was going to do if she actually got a fish, she said, "Oh, I would just, um, like save it for my c'llection." (That's "collection" with the the 'o' of course.) If anyone would like to volunteer to store Isabel's upcoming fish c'llection, I'd be forever grateful. ;) Anyone? Bueller?
The March of Dimes March for Babies was on Saturday. You can't really tell in this picture but is was approximately -58 degrees with a windchill factor of -78 degrees. It was also snowing sideways and gusting wind like you wouldn't believe. Given the terrible weather, we had a pretty small turnout. However, our team did have a few amazing and dedicated walkers/volunteers who stuck it out. The ambassador family did such an amazing job telling their story of prematurity and (as usual) brought me to tears. Most importantly though, our Poudre Valley Hospital team raised a record amount of money AND we had a record number of registered walkers for our team. Thank you so much to those who donated to sponsor our family as we walked (or rather froze :) ). *Please note the creepy clown in the picture above. This is a checkpoint along the route. We were manning the checkpoint and, somehow, we ended up with a complimentary clown. I couldn't shake her all day. That's all I'm going to say for fear that she will somehow read my blog and get clown-style revenge on me.

5 comments:

jessica said...

You did have a busy week! Your Sunday outing looks like so much fun. Your March of Dimes walk....not so much. But what a wonderful cause, I can only imagine how personal it is for you. Sorry I haven't e-mailed, I'm helping my friend with her wedding, like I'm the planner...so it's taken up alot of my free time...like I have a lot to begin with Geez! I'll be in touch soon!

Mindy said...

Sign me right up for the fish ollection. That is awesome. I love when kids talk like they are 30 year olds. Cute place for a Sunday afternoon.

josh and stef said...

What did Stacy name her baby? She is dang cute!

The Miz said...

Awe, I love squishy babies. Glad you guys got a little family down time and on such a beautiful day. Oh, and as for the clown, I don't care who is dressed up as one, clowns are scary. Way to go on the March of Dimes walk! You're so COOOL!

Tami Anderson said...

We'll take the fish collection! We'll stuff it and put it on the wall next to Terry's.

That baby is adorable!