.
We did a few other things, of course.
.
When their teacher asked Milo why it took him 33 whole minutes to get here after Isabel (when they were born), he told her "Well, they had to cut me out 'cause my 'bilical cord tried to get out before me and that was a big mistake!". True story and hilarious to hear him tell it to a room of 5 and 6 year olds.
This year we (okay I) decided we would take a year off from the insanity known as "a friends party". Instead, we headed to Build A Bear and went wild. Milo made a panda in a soccer uniform and Isabel made a flourescent pink bear in a prom-circa-1995 ensemble--complete with a choker and black velvet pumps.
.
They each got to pick a dinner menu for their birthday dinner. Milo chose the very gourmet Little Caesar's cheese pizza and Isabel chose bbq pork sandwiches with asparagus. No pictures of that but trust me, they were feeling pretty special being in charge of their own menu.
The weekend after their birthday we had a family party. We carried on the tradition of picking out their own cake and frosting flavors. Isabel, apparently, is a 30 year old in a 6 year old body because she wanted cheesecake (she even tried to talk me into Cheesecake Factory cheesecake). Milo, went for the more traditionally associated with his age group flavor of chocolate with chocolate frosting.
Oh this girl. She is constantly making us laugh and wonder--as in "where in the world does she come up with this stuff?". A few funnies from Isabel...
.
Last night during family prayer, she asked me to please pray "that Milo could work on his attitude". WHAT?! Even funnier because he was so not having an attitude that evening.
.
A few weeks ago on the way to soccer practice she laid this one on me, "Oh Mom, I forgot to tell you that we are out of bandaids. So, the next time you go to the store you'll need to put bandaids and soy milk on your list okay? (Pointing at me now) Can I count on you to do that?". Mind you, this was all said in a very team-spirit way. No snottiness at all.
.
A few weeks ago on the way to soccer practice she laid this one on me, "Oh Mom, I forgot to tell you that we are out of bandaids. So, the next time you go to the store you'll need to put bandaids and soy milk on your list okay? (Pointing at me now) Can I count on you to do that?". Mind you, this was all said in a very team-spirit way. No snottiness at all.
.
She got that cute little art desk in the picture above from my parents. As soon as she opened it, she ran to her room and set up a little art corner. Her joy turned to frustration when she couldn't figure out how to sit at her art "desk" in their little stool while still keeping the legs of the "desk" on the ground. Some clarification and convincing were required. She now believes us that it is meant to go over your lap while you're sitting on the ground or the couch.
.
Milo has developed an affinity for nonfiction books. We've checked out every book on pandas in our library system. We've tapped the cheetahs too and we're now moving onto volcanoes and the human body. This love of science and facts has led to a few awesome Napoleon dynamite-esque comments that crack us up..."actually Mom the cheetah is the fastest land animal" and "did you know that burps and toots are the gas that builds up when your body breaks down food?". Hilarious.
.
Our neighborhood school is a "wellness based curriculum". The twins, especially Milo, come home with all sorts of facts and goals with regards to healthy eating and exercise. Yesterday, Spencer was getting ready for work and Milo came into the bathroom panting.
Spencer: "Hey bud, what have you been doing? You're all sweaty."
Milo: "Just getting my heart rate up."
Spencer: "Oh yeah? Doing what?"
Milo: "Jumping on your bed. It's good for you to get your heart rate up Dad. It's called EXERCISE."
.
Milo got new running shoes for his birthday and has, literally, worn them every waking second since then. He's also been busting out sprints anywhere and everywhere. Down our hallway. Across the backyard. Down aisles at the store. When we eventually catch up to him, he's fond of saying, "I totally smoked you!" and "Yup, these are definitely the fastest running shoes I've ever had!".
.
So cute. So big. So can't believe that they are six.
7 comments:
Oh six is so big! They have officially crossed into school age. My six year old Eden is seriously too much for me. I would love to put her and Issy together and listen to their conversations.
So adorable and funny! I love when you blog!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY ISSY AND MILO!!! I seriously cannot believe they are 6 either! Although sometimes it seems like they are 26 because of how smart they are. Porter is so lucky to have such great friends! And by the way- he is super envious that Milo knows how to tie his own shoes. :) WE LOVE YOU GUYS!!
I love them. I'm going to be posting a photo of those little dolls. I forgot to get a photo of Milo's bag. Maybe you could snap one for me???
I love those twins! Love them! Can they come over and play tomorrow? I wish...
Okay, if any of your readers want to see the dolls they can go to: candadiantami.blogspot.com
What a fun birthday! We love Lucille's as well! Especially the beignets!
Post a Comment