Anderson Family Thanksgiving Tree
- For new family traditions--like the Thanksgiving Tree (thanks Sage and Melissa). We've been adding a few handpainted leaves every day and writing something we're thankful for on each leaf.
- For friends, family, and loved ones who have called, commented, emailed, texted, and just shown up.
- For homemade cookies (and Whole Foods cookies). Turns out, a cookie almost always makes you feel better.
- For J. For her honesty. For her strength. For her love and for her sweet daughter.
- For a trip to Utah that is just three days away.
- For parents, siblings, and friends who cry with us when our hearts are broken.
- For four-year-olds who say, "Mom! Did you know that when we are five, I will have a WHOLE HAND?!!" (As in, all five fingers.)
- Comfort food. For me, it's spicy foods. I found the best recipe ever for Tortilla Soup. You really have to try it. Super easy. Crock pot. Only two changes you should make: Do not add the corn until the last 30 minutes of cooking and, just before adding the corn, use an immersion blender or a regular blender to blend the soup a bit. It will improve the texture and body of the soup so much--it will be worth the extra step. Also, you could totally use shredded pork instead of shredded chicken and it would be just as good.
- For the understanding of all of this that is slowly, slowly coming about for me.
- For a husband who buys me a beautiful card that pales in comparison to the letter he writes me inside.
- For four-year-olds who walk out of preschool wearing the ridiculously funny hats seen below and for their excellent retelling of the first Thanksgiving. Enjoy. It's worth the watch.
8 comments:
Okay I totally love your kids. I wish we lived by each other. They are so hilarious.
I love the Thanksgivingn tree idea, I think I will steal that one, and you will definitely be on it.
That's a great tree! Can't wait to see what it looks like by the time Thanksgiving is over - it's like fall, backwards!
I think your kids retold the first thanksgiving better than most adults I know (myself included!) And good work harvesting those chickens :-D
I'm thankful for you and those children. Hilarious.
Love the tree idea. Totally stealing it.
I'm thankful for you four. Thanks for your examples of strength and incredible love and patience.
Now we're going to watch that video at least 10 more times because it is the greatest thing Eli has seen in his two years of existence. "Issy, Mo, big hatsss!!! 2 big hatsss!!" I miss you kiddos way too much!
Love the tree and I love those pilgrims. Thanks for sharing your thankfuls.
I LOVE your list, and we love you guys! I wish that I could see those videos right now, but our computer totally crashed so we are re-installing all of our software. It sounds super cute...but with Issy and Milo, everything always is!
Adorable pilgrims...love the video too.
Obviously intelligent kids you have. Harvest, native americans, "the king wouldn't let them believe what they wanted"? I won't even recite what my 5 year old had to say about Thanksgiving. It kind of pales in comparison.
Post a Comment