Freezing (it was so cold and drizzly) at the expo afterwards--definitely didn't stop us from eating the famous popsicles. :) The clouds were so low they were blocking the beautiful mountains that would usually be visible in the background. There were nearly 54,000 participants this year--it's the second largest 10K in the nation (after the Peachtree 10K in Georgia). The sheer number of participants makes it quite the event. The runners start in waves (as opposed to everyone gunning it across the start at once) and you're pretty much shoulder to shoulder with other runners the entire time. There are bands, belly dancers (only in Boulder I tell ya), Elvis impersonators, people running in all manner of costumes, slip and slides set up in yards along the way and spectators blasting their music all along the course. It finishes in Folsom Field (where the CU Buffs play) with a lap around the stadium. It is so fun. Definitely one of my favorite races.
Looking down at the finish line. There was an insane amount of people.
Spencer and the kids had their eyes glued to the finish line but still managed to somehow miss my finish. It's a comical continuation of a long pattern--something almost always comes between them and my finish. Of all the races I've run, they've only see me cross the finish line twice. :) Doesn't stop the kids from cheering their little hearts out when they finally do see me though.
Milo, me, and Isabel in the Folsom Field stands afterward. Isabel said, "Momma I can't wait until I get big and can run a race in a circle with you!"
My unofficial finish time was 51:31. I clocked myself at a minute faster than that so I don't know what's up with that...faster than last year either way and enough to move me up to the next wave for the big 30th birthday run next year!
Run the Rockies Half Marathon here I come!!! (14 days and counting...)


8 comments:
Way to go Erin!!! You are just a runnin machine! How many times have you done the Bolder Boulder?
You go girl... just thinking about it makes me feel really tired and pretty much lazy....
Sounds like a really fun race, maybe I'll run it with you next year. Or maybe I'll run about ten minute behind you next year? Either way you are an inspiration Erin and a skinny little hot mama! My post baby body is reminding me each day how hard it is to get back in shape, argh!
SO how fast are you expecting to run the rockies half marathon? I finally saw the course route on the website and I am getting so nervous!
Yay for you! And I LOVE Issy's comment about wanting to run with you when she gets older. Melts my heart!
I totally thought about you today when I was running my measly four miles. I've come to terms with the fact that I am not a real runner. I'm a pretend one. I run for the exercise and stress release but I don't think I could ever do it for fun, but I can totally appreciate and admire the women that do!
Ummmmm... Hello? Are you in these pictures cuz all I see is this 19 year old hot babe with your two kids. What the? You look amazing. I wished I liked to run. Sound fun but not really. I have to force myself to get on my treadmill and lift weights in my basement. I hate to work out. Way to go on the run that is awesome
Yeah, you make all of us look bad...especially with those skinny legs...if I didn't like you so much I could hate you!
Post a Comment