Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Allergies?

The cutest nonallergic girl around.

Isabel’s hypochondria is worsening. Sad but true.

Maybe hypochondria isn’t quite the word for it…Isabel was fortunate enough to inherit my lactose intolerance. For whatever reason, she feels the need to go into great detail about this whenever we enter the dairy section of a particularly bustling store. It usually goes something like, “Mom, I cannot have cow’s milk. If I drink cow’s milk I will get diarrhea. It will be really bad diarrhea mom and I will get a rash on my bum. I don’t like rashes on my bum Mom.” You get the idea.

Well, it went a step further today at lunch when she put the crust of her peanut butter sandwich down on her plate and very solemnly told Milo, “Milo did you ever know that I am allergic to peanut butter sandwich crusts?” Milo looked at her like she was crazy and said “HUH?!” She proceeds with, “Yes, Milo I am. I am allergic to them…(pause for dramatic effect)…and that is why you will NEVER EVER see me eat one. Because, if I do, my tummy will hurt and I will get diarrhea…(again, pause for dramatic effect)…and that is why I am allergic to them.” Once again, we can thank
Arthur for that little gem. Refer to the episode where some kid at Arthur’s school has a peanut allergy.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

All I ever want to write is "your kids are hilarious" but that gets old. How about this?

You are a hilarious writer about your hilarious kids.

So glad you got a blog.

Tami Anderson said...

Isabel is doing some serious pole dancing moves in that video.